Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty." Zechariah 4:6

Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Weigh In

No "!" today following my weigh in.  Today I was the same as last week, no loss.  Although...I posted the weight loss from Saturday last week because I wasn't happy with Friday's weigh in, so tomorrow I will weigh myself again and based on the results maybe it will become Saturday weigh ins and not Friday weigh ins.  I have used the word weight a lot in this post already and its not even that long.   Oh well.  Working on little sleep here after a late night and a VERY early morning with the little one.  So back to the topic....it was a challenging week of not making the best food choices.  I can feel myself slipping back into my old habits.  I haven't been logging my food for the day until the next day which causes me to forget stuff that I ate.  Wednesday was a rough day where I showed little self control.  I had a bunch of left over egg yolks from making an angle food cake from scratch.  I have a recipe for sugar cookies that uses only egg yolks, so I figured I would make up a big vat of that dough and freeze it.  Well, let me tell you...that is some mighty fine cookie dough to eat raw, I probably ate at least 5 cookies worth of dough.  I baked some to have for dessert that night, we had company over, so of course I tried some fresh out of the oven.  I felt very convicted that I had no self control.  I have also found this week that I am eating pretty large meals, and need to trim them back down.  I am using the Body Bug to help me monitor my calorie intake vs calorie burn, and I have learned that most days I am not burning a whole lot of calories while at home.  On busy cleaning days I burn a ton, or when we are out of the house running errands, but in my normal routine I am not burning as much as if I was still teaching.  Keeping that in mind, I need to eat less.  Although...I did have a calorie deficit every day this week, but then again, that is based on how well I kept my log which I have already admitted to not doing so well this week.  Another issue this week is I have been feeling very fatigued and not wanting to exercise, plus when I do exercise, the day after exercising my knees have been super sore.  Lots of excuses here, huh?  Maybe I should take some ibuprofen and just suck it up.

1 comment:

  1. I could wait until tomorrow's blog about the weigh in but thought you should know I'm still keeping up on your journey. It's frustrating but like someone else commented, think long term. We don’t put the weight on overnight so it isn’t going to come off overnight. Also remember muscle weighs more so if you're exercising more, that’s a factor. Don’t be discouraged. You can do this. I’ve been leafing through my Weight Watcher cookbook for next week’s visit...do you guys like chicken pot pie? They have a good recipe that Ian likes that’s actually pretty healthy. Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete